CROSS COUNTRY CARNIVAL
Venue: Manning Park, Azelia Road, Spearwood
Date: Tuesday 4 September 2018
Time: 11.00 am
Please be aware that some changes may be still necessary.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS
Event 1: Year 3 boys 11.30am
Event 2: Year 3 girls 11.45am
Event 3: Year 4 boys 12 noon
Event 4: Year 4 girls 12.15pm
Event 5: Year 5 boys 12.30pm
Event 6: Year 5 girls 12.45pm
Event 7: Year 6 boys 1.00pm
Event 8: Year 6 girls 1.15pm
Pack up, clean up and assemble 1.30pm
Announcements / Presentations 1.45pm
** Times may vary slightly according to event finishing times.
- Competitors are required to wear school colours and suitable footwear. Children will not be allowed to run with bare feet and metal spikes are not permitted.
- Teams are requested to be at the venue by 11.00am to inspect/walk the courses. The first event will start at 11.30 sharp.
- Teams of FIVE (5) from each school will contest each event. However, only the first 4 runners from each school will be awarded points.
- Points will be awarded as follows :
- Every competitor who finishes the course will be awarded a placing.
- The winner will earn 45 points, second 44 points, third 43 points and so on. The school with the most points will be declared the winning school.
- Personal awards will be given to the first three place getters in each event. Only these children will have their names taken.
- Certificates will be awarded for each team (5 runners) with the highest points total for their race.
- Years 3 will run 1.5km, year 4 will run 1.8km, yr 5 will run 2.0km and Year 6 will run over 2.2km.